Manchester University Bike Hire
- Each University of Manchester staff member is entitled to one 4-week free hire period.
- Your 4-week free discount code can only be used once.
- Enter code at check out.
- Request your code by emailing [email protected]
Subsidised hire costs after free rental period are:
- Standard Bike: £10 a week
- Basic e-bike: £15 a week
- Mid range e-bike: £25 a week
- Cargo Bike: £40 a week
Booking takes place in 4 week periods, you will need to do a booking for each 4 week period.
Bikes need to be returned to the shop after each four week period for a safety check.
The shop is open Tuesday - Saturday 9am to 6pm.
200 Chapel Street, Salford, M3 6BY
Closest parking on Browning St.
Can I buy the bike?
Rental bikes are sold off periodically – ask in store for the latest.
New bikes - check our stock - can be bought:
- Outright - we accept card payment and BACS
- Cycle to Work Scheme - see UoM Cycle to Work Scheme
- Retail Finance - 12 months interest-free. 24/36 interest bearing, t&c apply).
- Please read our Terms & Conditions of Hire in the booking form.
- Watch the How to lock your bike video.
- Then book your bike.
- Please note free rent periods still require card details, these act as your security deposit. No money will be taken for free rentals.