The Friars Primary School - Bike Library - Parents & Guardians
- This bike library is for the parents & Guardians of the pupils of The Friars Primary School
- The library consists of the following items:
- 3 x Ridgeback Avenida 21 speed 17” frame
- 1 x Ridgeback Avenida 7 Speed 17” frame
- 1 x Ridgeback Avenida 6 Speed 15” frame
(17” frame is Small/Medium size – 15” frame is Small size)
- 3 x Hamax Traveller double child seat bicycle trailer/stroller
- 3 x Qibbell Junior 6+ child seats (max payload 35kg)
- 2 x Qibbell New York frame mounted child seat (max payload 22kg)
- Each parent/guardian of The Friars Primary School pupil is entitled to borrow any of the items above or any combination of them.
- The minimum hire period is a weekend: Friday to Monday.
- Ideal minimal length of the hire is 1 week.
- If anyone would like to borrow the bicycle for a longer period of time, they can reserve the bicycle for up to a month.
- When your 1 month hire period ends you will have to bring the bicycle back and return it for minimum period of 24 hours. This is so the bicycle can be checked and serviced by qualified & experienced bike mechanic to ensure it remains I good condition, safe to ride and that all the components are working as they should, especially the brakes, gears & tyres.
Costs of borrowing a bike, trailer, or child seat:
- Bicycle with or without child seat: £5 per weekend or week
- Hamax Traveller double child seat trailer/stroller: £5 per weekend or week
(NOTE: if you hire bicycle & trailer the hire cost for both items together will be £5 per weekend or week hire)
- Qibbell New York frame mounted child seat only: £2.50 per weekend or week hire
(NOTE: if you hire bicycle with either of the child seats the hire cost for both items together will be £5 per weekend or week hire)
Booking takes place in 1-, 2-, 3-, or 4-week periods. In case of longer-term hires of 4+ weeks you will need to do a booking for each 4-week period.
Bikes need to be returned to the school or brought to Manchester Bikes shop after each 4-week period for a safety check.
The bicycle can be picked up or returned to the school on any day the school is open once agreed with one of the volunteer parents. In case of continuous 4+ weeks hires if agreed beforehand the bicycle could be dropped of directly at Manchester Bikes for regular safety check.
The shop is open Tuesday - Saturday 9am to 6pm.
200 Chapel Street, Salford, M3 6BY
Closest parking on Browning St.
Can I buy the bike?
Manchester Bikes does sell bikes if you’d like to buy one please contact Pavol on 07523 092 285 or via email [email protected]. Eventually the library bikes will be sold off and hopefully replaced with newer ones – for more info contact Pavol.
New bikes - check our stock - can be bought:
- Outright - we accept cash & card payment and BACS
- Blike flexible bike hire/subscription
- Retail Finance - 12 months interest-free. 24/36 interest bearing, t&c apply).
If you have any questions or need more information please contact Pavol
- Please read our Terms & Conditions of Hire in the booking form.
- Watch the How to lock your bike video.
- Then book your bike.
- Please note: to borrow a bicycle your card details are required, the hire fee for the bicycle will be taken from your card unless otherwise agreed. Your card details will also act as your security deposit for the bicycle.