Manchester Bikes Treating Customers Fairly Policy
Manchester Bikes seeks to treat customers fairly in all circumstances.
Our aims are:
- Consumers can be confident they are dealing with a company where the fair treatment of customers is important.
- Products and services marketed and sold in the retail market are designed to meet the needs of identified consumer groups and are targeted accordingly.
- Consumers are provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale.
- Where consumers receive advice, the advice is suitable and takes account of their circumstances.
- Consumers are provided with products that perform as we have led them to expect, and the associated service is of an acceptable standard and as they have been led to expect.
- Consumers do not face unreasonable post-sale barriers with submitting a claim or making a complaint.
We are keen to ensure customers are treated fairly. We know to achieve this we must:
- Invest in the training and development of our staff to ensure they are competent and focused on the importance of treating every customer fairly.
- Ensure that any advice given is in the customers’ best interests.
- Continually assess the services and products we provide to ensure we can meet changing requirements.
- Enable our staff to ensure any concerns raised by a customer are immediately addressed.
We monitor our ability to achieve these standards through regular assessments of individual performance.
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that our operations do not have any negative impact upon vulnerable customers.
For the purposes of this policy vulnerable customers are customers and prospective customers whose ability or circumstances require us to take extra precautions in the way that we sell and provide our services to ensure that they are not disadvantaged in any way.
Our staff are trained to identify vulnerable customers so we can take extra steps to assist them.
As soon we think we may be engaging with a vulnerable customer we will:
- Provide additional opportunities for the customer to ask questions about the information we have provided;
Continuously seek confirmation that the customer has understood the information that has been provided;
- Ask if there is anybody who is able to assist the customer. If not, and we believe this will be beneficial, we will make arrangements to continue with the subject matter at another time.
- Offer the customer the opportunity to complete the transaction after a period of further consideration.
If we cannot help a customer, we will try and make sure that they understand what alternative options are available to them.